Sunday 12 June 2011

Part 3: Awakening

This morning we arrived in Tel Aviv early early early (like I'm talking 5:30am Monday which was around 7:30pm Sunday for you, we didn't get Sunday the 12 of June this year).

Outrageous sounds: the mixture of a baby screaming on the plane mingled with the sound of my "get out of bed lazy head" play list, not my favorite way to start the day...

Unforgettable Smells: we had mass amounts of time at Heathrow Airport.  Thus obviously the appropriate thing to do would be to have a fragrance extravaganza.  My newly found friend Rachel and I sprayed and smelled at least over 50 perfumes.  We promptly headed back to our sleepy fellow pilgrims and shared with them our treasures...book marks, shoe fresheners and the likes. (unfortunately the boys were not as enthralled receivers and we were givers)

Startling sights: I have two
(1) At Heathrow we saw a man wearing plaid pants and suspenders...fantastic!
(2) As we came into Tel Aviv we were able to watch the sun rise...it was a brilliant orange and red what a great way to enter Israel!

Shalom Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment