Tuesday 7 June 2011

Part 1: The Purpose

For the most part I think blogging is lame.  I've only ever blogged one other time in my life and the only reason I did was because I am seemingly incapable of not handing in assignments. So you are probably asking why on earth are you writing this blog then? Which brings us to the purpose.

 The purpose of this blog is two fold:
(1) to have a record of the FACTS of my trip to Israel.  Recently I have sifted through some past journals only to discover that I am terrible at recording facts, events, stories etc.  But I do get a gold star for recording how I feel about these now unknown events and stories.
(2) so that you, my friends, will know that I am still alive despite the lack of emails.

I would like to promise that this blog will not turn theological or emotional...but who are we kidding, its me! So I'm going to do my best to keep away from BS (biblical study) lingo, to keep my little sermonettes to a minimum and to spare you from the myriad of emotions I am bound to feel.  However, if they do creep in, consider yourself warned.

2 comments:

  1. Jenny, Jenny, Jenny. Blogging is the funnest. I refuse to allow you to think of my favourite self-obsessed past time as lame. I am excited to read about your Israel adventures -- the facts AND the emotions AND the spiritual impacts. I will probably comment frequently, because I love it when people comment on MY blog, so it seems only fair to comment on other people's blogs. You know? And it's nice to know that others are reading. RIGHT?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to hear your rants, musings, and verballage (not a word...but you know what I mean). I miss it. I miss you sitting in my chair and reading your entries in the dysfunctional journal and wandering around the camp telling each other about the soap opera that can become camp. I look forward to reading about your current adventures.

    Welcome to the world of blogging. You are welcome among us.

    ReplyDelete